Updated: Sep 17
A couple years ago, bay area start-up Irijule hit the ground running with its first endeavour, the TheoryBoard, a MIDI controller which aimed to put the power of music theory right at your fingertips. Well, after huge success with garnering the much needed support and financial backing, Irijule now returns this summer with an updated version of the TheoryBoard, packing up to 1.9 billion chord variations and much more!
Dubbing this new model the "Thy333", it has already way over surpassed the mark needed to implement full production and marketing, and so we can expect that this will indeed be hitting the stores soon enough!
Features and specs for the TheoryBoard Thy333 are as follows (updated 9/8/20):
• 840 Chromatic and Diatonic Scales, Chords + Melody
• 1,981,808,640 Possible Chord Combinations via the Theory Engine
• 96 Velocity Sensitive Keys with Polyphonic Aftertouch
• 24 Hot Swap Keys for on-the-fly Direct Modulation & Modal Interchange scale
• 96 RGB LEDs provide visual link between chord side and melody side (48 chords
+ 48 single notes)
• Touch Screen Display with OLED Screen
• On-the-fly Chord Augmentation (Spread, Voicing, Octave)
• Octave Stacking Technology
• Pentatonic Scale Systems
• Guitar Voicing Feature
• Live Note Update Function
• Ports: USB MIDI, TRS-A MIDI Out, TRS Sustain In, 5V Power In
• Compatible with computers, synthesizers, and mobile devices
• Dimensions: 27.25” x 5.5” x 0.9”
Though already nearing $1,000,000 dollars in money raised towards the project, there are still 2 more days to go on their Kickstarter page, where you can still pre-order the TheoryBoard for $499 (58% discount), or even the limited edition red color TheoryBoard for a backing of $599 (41% discount). Expected MSRP will be $1199.
Stay tuned for more news on official release, by visiting the Irijule website.
Watch the video below to see more of the TheoryBoard in action: